Monday, March 11, 2013

I Lost an Hour, How About You?

This weekend was another busy one, but not at the house.  Landon and I took the weekend off and went back to Lexington for a quick visit.  We had a blast catching up with some of our friends there, taking in a Kentucky Basketball game (the Wildcats beat Florida), and getting some wedding stuff done--we finally registered at Kohl's.

When we got back yesterday afternoon, we spent the evening doing our taxes.  It was our first time filing as a married couple and we had enough "major life events" happen in 2012 to make things complicated.  We got married, both of us lived in two states, and I went back to school.  We finally got it all sorted out (and we'll get a nice refund) but it took awhile to figure out how to do it all correctly.

Because not much went on at the house this weekend, I don't really have much to share with you.  I did finally take down the Valentine's Day Table decorations and replaced them with some Easter Decorations, but that was about it.  I can't wait to get a new table and finally be able to make some fun tables runners, but I'm not going to spend time on that now since I have no idea what the dimensions of the final table will be.  Still, I think it turned out okay.




And, yes, I went with balls of yarn again as part of the center piece.  I just like that I've finally found a use for all the tiny bits of yarn that I dyed with Kool-Aid a few years ago.  There isn't really enough of any of the colors to do anything with, but they make pretty little center-pull balls that look good in my white bowl.  Maybe one day I'll use the yarn for something, but for now, they can decorate my table.

Also, since this is kind of not a real post, I figured I'll end with a picture of Malcolm enjoying the new cat hut that we brought back from Lexington in order to try and relieve some of the congestion at the old cat pyramid.  So far, it seems to be working.


No comments:

Post a Comment