Saturday, October 20, 2012

Paint with All the Colors of the Wind

I realize that we've done a ton of painting in this house; so much so that even I lose track from time to time.  To help everyone keep things straight, I figured I'd do a rundown of what we've painted so far and what color everything is incase anyone is interested.

All the colors are Sherwin Williams and I'll try to give the numbers along with the colors just in case anyone wants to know.

First off, outside we went with Mega Greige (SW 7031) for the main part of the house and Brainstorm Bronze (SW 7033) for the trim.  They are both warm grays and look nice with the stone (which is yellowy) and the red/orange shingles.



Then we have the guest bedrooms.  Bedrooms 1 & 3 (the craft room) got painted Wool Skein (SW 6148). It turned out to be a kind of greenish/khaki color that's a nice neutral.  It's hard to see in photos, but it looks nice in person.



Bedroom 2 is the only guest bedroom painted a different color.  It's Discrete White (SW 6266) which is a very very light purple color.  It almost looks white until you put something white right up next to it.  The reason for such a light color in that room is that the bedspread that is going in there is a very dark purple and I wanted something that wouldn't compete with it for attention.

I swear the walls are painted.  



The Guest Bathroom is painted Filmy Green (SW 6190) which is my designer friend Ann's go to bathroom color (just kidding Ann).  It is, however, the color of at least two of my friend's bathrooms.  It has a really awful name, but it really is a great bathroom color.  It goes really well with our accent tile, and I'm super excited about how well it goes with the shower curtain I got for the guest bathroom.





The Master Bedroom is maybe my favorite color in the house.  It's called Languid Blue (SW 6226).  It's the most perfect relaxing blue.  Just dark enough, but it doesn't really make the room feel super dark.


The middle is Languid Blue.
The Left is Meditative and the Right is Sleepy Blue
 (which will be the Master Bath Color I think).
The accent wall is the living area is painted Clary Sage (SW 6178) which I also love.  It is probably my second favorite color in the house and will almost certainly be the paint color for the family room when we start painting it.


The rest of the house that has been painted so far is painted a color called Kilim Beige (SW 6106).  It's a very nice neutral color which goes well with everything.  The foyer still needs to be painted the same color, and there's a very good chance the Master closet will get a coat of this too.


So, if you are keeping score, the only parts of the house that still need paint are the foyer (Kilim Beige), the Family Room (Clary Sage), and the Master Bathroom (Sleepy Blue).  We also still need to do the trim on the sides and back of the house as well as the siding on the back of the house and above the garage.  Oh yes, and we've painted every inch of ceiling in the entire house so far.  Literally every inch.  I have a feeling by the time we're done with this house, I won't want to paint anything for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment