Sunday, November 4, 2012

Young House Love

I'm finally writing a post that is long, long over due.  Well, technically 15 days overdue I guess, since the event we went to was on October 20, but better late than never, right?

Anyway, on Saturday October 20, Landon and I took Saturday morning off and, instead of working on our house, we went down to the Books by the Banks festival in downtown Cincinnati.  Why?  Well, it had a lot to do with this:  



Most of you are probably wondering who those people in the photograph with me are.  They happen to be John & Sherry Petersik, the couple behind the blog Young House Love which I love.  They also happen to have just written a book and were speaking at the festival.  I'm a regular reader of their blog and I was excited to get to meet them, so I drug Landon downtown with me.  



It was a fun time.  The talk was great, and really helped put what we are doing here in perspective with  tips like "Don't Rush It" and "Don't Worry About Making Mistakes."  I think even Landon enjoyed it.  


And then we stood in line forever to get a chance to meet them. I was hoping to snag a copy of their book, but they were sold out, so they signed a book plate for me, (and one for my friend Andrea who introduced me to their blog) and we had a chance to chat for a second.  I would have loved to tell them all about the house, but the line was still really long, and I didn't want to take up too much of their time.  I guess I can only hope the find my little blog and enjoy it.  



And if you are confused as to how I have a copy of the book that was sold out, I have one word for you:  Amazon.  I've already gotten through most of it, and I love the tips and tricks they share.  I can't wait to use some of the ideas I have in our house, once we get to the decorating stage.  (Which shouldn't be too long.  Big things have been happening.  Stay tuned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment