Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

So, I figured I'd post some new photos of the house, including some of places that haven't been posted yet.  Some are from just after we closed, before any work was done, and some show some progress.  I'll let you know which ones are which.

The Front Garden before I went on my weeding purge.
The pool before the deck came down.  Anyone want to go for a swim?
Really, the water is nice, I swear.  
The deck before it came down.
And, where the deck was after a full day of work.
Now we just have to remove the pool.
The Living Room on Closing Day.
And now, after the carpet and trim have been removed.  Still a long way to go.
The garage before the drywall came down.
And the ceiling issues.  
That odd bump out?  It's the master closet.  
And the garage after the wall came down.
When we found our very own bee hive between the fiberboard and the stone.
What is left of the wall after the termites had their way.  
The master bathroom vanity area.
And the master bedroom closet.  
Inside the actual master bathroom. 
And the master shower.  I'm still not allowed to see the nasty floor.
After the shower was taken out.
And where we are now.  Walls have come down and the space is empty.
See, no more drywall.
 So, what are we up to now?  Well, the project of the last couple of nights has been to remove the tile in the entryway.  We finally got it all up last night, but there are still some screws to remove.
Front door and the tile that is now gone.
They must have used a million screws on the concrete board.  It wasn't easy to pull it up, and it isn't easy to get the screws out.  I hope I never have to do it again!  I'll have more progress pictures coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment