Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Let the Painting Begin!

My arms hurt.  My shoulders hurt.  My neck hurts.  My back hurts.  All that can only mean one thing:  I spent the day painting ceilings.  The three guest bedrooms now all have fresh white ceilings.  I'm sure there will be some touch ups to do, but for the moment they look great.

I don't have any fun pictures since painting white ceilings white doesn't make for great photos, but I'm sure you can imagine.  And it felt nice to finally get a clean coat of paint on something.  Soon the walls will be ready for a coat of primer and then, finally, some color!

Landon and I also spent the evening playing a rousing game of Find the Squeak.  Meaning we spent a good portion of the afternoon walking carefully around the house listening for squeaks and then fixing them with some screws into the subfloor.  About half way through, I realized that if the neighbors were to see us through the windows, they might think we were doing some kind of weird mating dance.  Perhaps something kind of like this:




But, despite how odd we looked, we fixed several of the worst squeaks in the house.  No more squeaks for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment