Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's Magic

Just a quick mid-week update.  Things have been busy this week.  I had my graduate school orientation all day on Wednesday, so that limited my time at the house.  But things are moving along.  We've started painting (with color!), so look for an update soon.  To keep you informed, though, I figured I'd give you a quick update on a simple project I did a week or so ago.

I was needing some instant gratification and the boys were all busy with other things (involving lots of beating and banging if I remember correctly) so I decided to work on the the door coming in from the garage.  It was dirty and nasty and had been bothering me since we closed on the house.

Dirty, dirty door.
 See, the man that owned the house before loved working on cars.  In his garage.  And apparently he never washed his hands before coming inside.  So the door was super nasty, especially right in the middle.

Grease and grime and dirt.  Ewww.
Eventually, we'll probably end up painting it when we do the garage, but for the moment, I wanted to clean it up some.  So I attacked it with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

I wasn't sure when I started if the Magic Eraser was up to the test.  But, it turns out, it really is magic.  I scrubbed and scrubbed and low and behold, it came clean.  There are still a few places where I couldn't get.  And there is a big patch around the door knob where they painted the door at some point, but didn't cut in and didn't take the knob off.  But it looks 100% better than it did.

Much better.

Thank you Mr. Clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment