Friday, August 17, 2012

Border Patrol

Sorry for the lack of updates this week.  It's been a slow week with a lot going on outside the house (namely trying to get everything squared away for school).

We did get started painting some, but while I was wiping down the ceilings in the back bedroom, I found that the previous owners had painted over a wallpaper border.  Painted over it multiple times in fact.  And the moisture from my damp rag was causing it to begin to peel away from the wall.  So, before I could paint, I had to scrape away the wallpaper.  And it was all the way around the room.


And in a few places they had stapled it to the wall.  With regular desk staples.  Yes, that kind of staple.
Because there were so many layers of paint on top of the border, once I got it all down, it left a ridge on the wall, so yesterday night Alan went through and skim coated the wall all the way around to even it out.



After all of that, and some sanding, it is ready to prime and paint.  Hopefully there won't be any more border surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment